Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My hero

Last evening, David, Jonah, and I head out to run a few quick errands. Quick, was the plan.

We are living in a neighborhood that is still being developed and there are many homes going up around us. For anyone not familiar with construction, it's dirty and messy. Often times random debris rolls across our lawn and down our street. That is harmless. However, the debris we ran into last night was not harmless. And perhaps I should say, the debris we ran OVER.

We arrive at the mall and I let David out so he can just run in and get what he needs. When he opened the door we heard a loud hissing sound. He asked me if my car had started making noise. I said not really. HUH! he said and runs into the mall. I'm curious so I put down my window and am appalled at how loud my car is. I drive to a parking spot and park. I figured the car would only make noise if it was on, so I turned it off. Yea, that didn't help. After watching a fellow mall patron stare at my noisy car as he walked by, I decided to get out and check things out. My side checked out fine, but rounding the front of the car... not so fine.

There goes my beautiful, recently purchased (of course) tire. It was going flat in front of my eyes. I just stood there and watched not knowing what else to do. David comes out of the mall to find me standing in the parking lot staring at my deflated tire. I immediately think of AAA. MY awesome hubby calmly goes to the back of the car and proceeds to get out the spare tire and jack. It took him longer the the NASCAR guys, but I am now the "proud" owner of a front right spare tire. He got at least 2 punches on his man-card for changing a tire. I love him and am so thankful for him. HONEY, YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Moral of the story: roofing nails belong on the roof and not in your tire!!!!

2 comments:

momofkrit said...

Yeah...Ummm I'm quite fond of the AAA guys and my mechanic is really awesome at coming to my rescue... My husband introduced me to the mechanic. Does that count? :-) GO DAVE!!!!

Tom said...

Amy,

Since you mentioned the Man Card, I think you should order your Husband his! I run OfficialManCard.com and I think he'll love getting his Authentic Man Card from you. We've issued over 2100 Man Cards worldwide, and the majority ordered by women for their Husbands/Boyfriends!

Thanks,
Tom