Monday, September 29, 2008

How big is Jonah? SOOOOO BIG!!!!

Today Jonah had his 9 month check up. I cannot believe it. I swear I was just there for his new baby appointment. Where does the time go???? ANYHOW... sorry, weepy mom moment! Jonah weighed in today at 19 lbs. 8 oz and he is 28 inches. (They measured his head too, but I don't remember that one. I just know that his head is proportionate to his body.) OKAY, not that I don't believe the scales, but... Jonah is a bit of a chunk. He looks huge!! There was a baby in the waiting room who was Jonah's size - HE WAS 14 MONTHS. I was expecting him to be much heavier than that. He certainly feels it!!

He had a good appt. and he was very pleasant. He had 3 shots :( but he only cried for like 3 seconds. He is such a sweet baby, and I love him so very much!! The Dr. said that he is very healthy and that he is doing very well. He is right on track with his development and he is starting to be very busy. Yes, I added the busy part. I am following him around saying danger, gentle (poor Pip and Ike), let's go this way, and so on. Things are starting to get interesting and a lot of fun.

Yesterday we ordered gates for the stairs. Our house now becomes an obstacle course - at least for the boys. I'm not to sure they are enjoying Jonah as much as Dave and I are. He is becoming unpredictable and he moves. They liked him better when he just sat there. There are times when I feel the same way, I must admit.

Loving my big baby boy,
Amy T

2 comments:

momofkrit said...

ohh...I can't stand it...that is so cute. I can just picture him moving around touching things and you saying danger...do you remember Kyle saying "Mommy, Daddy" when he pointed to the outlets? What a cute age he is getting to. Missing him so much, you too!
KT

momofkrit said...

OK< it is now October 15th...update please!!!! This post is getting boring to read every day....:-)