Monday, December 8, 2008

What is this thing called a blog?

And this is why I don't have a journal. At least, not a very good one. It has been 4 weeks since I even looked at a blog, let alone write in it.

So much has happened in the past 4 weeks. I'll just touch on the high points. November is a busy birthday month in my family - both sides. My sister Erin and my mother-in-law share a birthday. This year was a special one for both of them. It was 30 for Erin and 60 for Jackie. We had a big surprise party for Jackie. It was a lot of work, but well worth it in the end. Kaden, Erin's son, turned 1 in the beginning of November. Then came David's, my father-in-law's, Thanksgiving Day and finally Katie's b-day.

We went to Erin's for Thanksgiving, which was oh-so-yummy!! The next morning Katie, Erin, David, Jonah, and myself hit the malls at 4:30AM. We had a blast. It was crazy!! But we got some good deals. By noon, we were ready for bed. Too bad there were 7 children to take care of. All in all, Thanksgiving was a memorable time full of fun and delicious food. Not to mention crowds.

More recently, Jonah, took his first steps. We are so proud, but probably not as proud as he was of himself. After he "walked" he couldn't stop jumping around. He has since perfected it to where he can take several steps at a time and he can even stand up and walk all on his own. It's so dear to watch him!! He just fills our lives with so much joy and laughter. I'm pretty sure he said Santa today, too. We were at the store and passing a very large stuffed Santa, so i let him touch the beard and I was saying "This is Santa". I swear he said Santa back to me. TOO CUTE!!!! Of course, he still has not said momma. Figures. I do everything for him and some big jolly guy who comes around once a year gets his name said first. JEEZ!

Now we are preparing for Christmas. The tree is up, the stockings are hung, the presents are unwrapped and some are still at the store (I better get on that, huh?). I love Christmas time and I have even more reason to enjoy it this year. Although, it will be bittersweet. My baby will turn 1 year old on December 27th. I can't believe how fast the year went. I have loved every moment of it and will be ever thankful for the blessing of my dear, sweet Jonah.

Oh I almost forgot... we went to Hershey's Candy Lane this past weekend. We greatly enjoyed watching Jonah enjoy the lights. We went on the Chocolate World ride and he was absolutely enthralled. He had a great time. We didn't go into Hersheypark because it was $9.95 per person to go in. It was 25 degrees out so we were not going to be riding any rides. So it wasn't worth it. We had a fun time anyhow. We all looked like "Nanook of the North" bundled up beyond recognition. Good memories.

1 comment:

momofkrit said...

This thing called a blog is something you write in at least once a month so your famioly has something to read. PLEASE!!