Sunday, August 31, 2008

SOOOO sleepy

As most of you know, I'm a night owl and a late morning riser. Jonah has changed that for me and I love him for it. Ok, maybe that's one thing that I'm not so fond of. Yesterday, for the very first time, my adorable baby did not nap. He had fallen asleep, twice, and yet, when I went to lay him down he woke right up. By nighttime he was exhausted. He went to bed at 8:20. Had I been home, I too could have gone to bed early. But David and I were having a "couples night out" with our friends Ryan and June. We went to Amy's Thai for dinner, which was very good - fish sauce and all - and then we went miniature golfing. The boys then enjoyed some go kart racing. We really had a good time!! We got home at 10:40, had a little snack and were headed up to bed when....
Jonah was awake!! So, nurse and change the VERY soggy child (clothes and all) and try again. He fought it, but I won. Go to bed. Can't sleep. Fall asleep at about 1:50. Jonah wakes up at 2:10. Nurse and rock. Go back to sleep. Jonah wakes up at 3:30. Nurse and rock. Go back to bed. Ike, my baby boy of the canine family, stands on my head and licks my face. Take Ike and Pippin out. Get back to sleep (4:45). Jonah is very awake come 6:45. So, here I am, trying hard to not be jealous of my hubby, who sleeps blissfully unaware of all of the overnight activities, and frustrated with my son who can only say "da-da". You'd think that he could at least say ma-ma, since I'm the one getting up with him in the middle of the night and then again in the early morning. Oh well....

Loving my husband and my son,
Amy T

1 comment:

momofkrit said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG!! GO YOU!!
And yes, Jonah will soon say MaMa and you'll wish he could find a different word...and while he is only saying dada take advantage of it. "Hey honey, the baby is calling you!!" :-)